Sashiko lavender sachets

Tuesday 18 September 2012

 Craft sellers - BEWARE INTERNET SCAM!!!

Last week I received an email via my folksy shop asking me lots of questions about one of my Hemp bags.  

Hello Seller
Am Philips James,I came across your item on Folksy, i will like to buy the item,is it ready for the immediate purchase, before i proceed with the payment i will Like to ask about the item…
1) Is the item still available for sale?
2) What is the present condition of the item?
3) Do you accept PAYPAL as your mode of payment?
4) what is the final asking price?
Kindly get back to me with your reply to my private email
hope to read from you soon.
Best Regards.


All the answers to the questions were clearly laid out on the shop, but I replied with an answer to each one. I then received an email telling me he was working at sea and wanted the bag as a present for his sister and needed my home address, Paypal email address and telephone number and he would send a courier to pick up the item as soon as the payment had gone through.




I then became very suspicious and looked on the Etsy forums to see if this was a scam, and found that this was a very similar email to that other sellers had received.

I contacted Folksy and they said they would suspend his account and this was not the only case to be reported. So if you get an order which follows the same or a similar pattern it would best to ignore it and report it as spam to your email provider. PLEASE DON'T GIVE THEM ANY INFORMATION

So Sellers BEWARE!

No comments:

Post a Comment