Sashiko lavender sachets

Tuesday 23 July 2013

Home Made Exposure Unit for Screen Printing

Today is a happy day! I have been working on creating an exposure unit to burn my artwork onto screens for screen printing my own fabric for quite some time (years!).  Well today, after watching many more YouTube videos from Catspit it finally worked.

This is my exposure unit working. It's basically a halogen light mounted on a MDF board base. The glass sheet I had made as it has no UV filters in.


The first try was not successful as the artwork was not opaque enough. I used printable transparencies this time and printed two so there was no chance of light getting through.

This is the screen once it has been exposed and washed and is drying in the sun.


Once I've printed from it I'll post some photos. I'm starting off with some cushions covers on some organic cotton.

No comments:

Post a Comment